With over 30 days of summer left to make more summer memories, spending as much time as possible at a good beach is a great time to spend those last precious days. Recently I was at different beaches three days in a row, but I really wish I had used the Swim Guide app before I swam at one of them because everyone in the family developed swimmer’s itch right after our dip.
The Swim Guide does everything except what to pack for your picnic lunch at the beach.
Swim Guide helps find swimmable water simple and easy to know the water quality at your beach.
The swim guide can go wherever you go, and its free. Beach hunt everywhere you travel and the swim guide does the rest. Finding the right match of beach for you and your family is made easier with the swim guide.
It’s the only charity app of its kind, providing you with current recreation water quality information, every beach marked with a green or red icon .
Explore the best beaches in Canada, The U.S., Mexico, New Zealand, Australia and Bahamas . With 7,000 freshwater and marine beaches and swimming locations on the app and website, it makes finding clean, swimmable water simple.
- find the cleanest closest beaches to you by browsing the map, or by searching for a beach by name.
- Beach descriptions tell you about amenities, lifeguards, where to park, and everything else you need to know to enjoy a day at the beach.
- Discover a wide variety of beaches, ranging from city parks to remote lakes ideal for camping
- Get directions to the beach of your choice
- Bookmark your favourite beaches for easy access
- Use the app to tell your friends and family that you are at the beach!
- Share your favourite beaches with friends on Facebook and Twitter
- Includes up 20 photos of every beach
- Original descriptions with photographs of 7,000 different beaches so you can learn a bit of history and geography as you explore!
- Source section tells you who samples the water at each beach and what water quality standards apply
- Date/time stamp tells you when a beach status was last updated in Swim Guide
- Historical status tells you percentage of time that beach has passed water quality tests
- Compare real-time and historical water quality information for many different beaches
- Pie and bar charts show the historical water quality of each beach when you tap on a beach status. Access historical data reports by year, month, or quarter.
- Get alerted to other water quality issues like blue-green algae and sewage bypasses through alerts on the beach pages.
Compatible with Apple or Android smartphone through the app store.