Having just arrived back from Palm Cay & One Marina, I couldn’t wait to share this beautiful piece of paradise found on the quiet east end of New Providence in The Bahamas. Palm Cay offers a unique blend of island culture and charm, yet has the casualness of an Out Island experience.
Perfectly positioned, this boater’s community is only a 4-hour boat ride from Florida, passing through the Berry Islands and it’s also the closest marina to the Exumas, just a few miles away. Customs and Immigration authorities come right to you for easy processing as you enter the welcoming turquoise waters at One Marina. Palm Cay has been voted as the #1 marina in The Bahamas for the fifth successive year.
Here are the top 10 reasons people choose to invest in The Bahamas:
- Close proximity to major North American financial centres
- Within 50 miles of the world’s largest economy
- Same time zone as New York and Toronto (EST)
- Peaceful and stable democracy since 1729
- Independent nation with compliant legislation and consultative legislative approach
- No local taxes on capital gains, inheritance, corporate and personal income, dividends and interest
- Proactive incentives for investment
- Highly trained industry professionals and an English-speaking workforce
- Essential public services and modern infrastructure
- 10) Ideal lifestyle with over 700 islands and cays to explore
Palm Cay is a private oceanfront community encompassing 70 acres of prime Bahamian luxury Real Estate. Buyers have a choice of exquisite oceanfront townhomes, marina penthouses, condominiums, cottages and single-family home sites. Buyers may choose to make Palm Cay their permanent home or they may choose to invest and use as vacation rentals. Some invest in multi units and get the best of both worlds.
Resort style amenities include an exclusive private Beach Club; The Pink Octopus, a classic Bahamian style restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining; intimate bars serving up delicious tropical concoctions like “Sail Away” and “Put The Lime in Da Coconut”; swimming pools and white powder sand beaches with water sports toys for the whole family to enjoy. The sunny Dockside Cafe (operated through Starbucks) is the morning gathering place for vacationers, residents and boaters. Tennis courts, a Spa and Fitness Centre with a peaceful yoga deck make Palm Cay a community where residents and guests can take care of their mind, body and soul.
What the fancy brochures and website can’t tell you, is the feeling one gets from the smiles of the attentive staff, the sense of community, of being home and most of all…being present in the moment. Yes, things are slower in The Bahamas, but when you’re in paradise, do you really need to be rushing anywhere?